The Special Forces Troops of the Joint Task Force Northwest Operation HADARIN DAJI of the Nigerian Army have again rescued over 15 kidnapped victims in the North West of Zamfara State.
According to Zalagoza Makama, a security expert in the Lake Chad region, the troops under the command of the General Officer Commanding 8 Division said the success was achieved on September 25, 2023.
He said the troops acted on an intelligence report about the abduction of an unspecified number of innocent persons from Kayan Boggo village under Bukkuyum Local Government Area of the North-West state.
Zagazola understands that the troops immediately mobilized and established a blocking position at a possible route suspected to be used by the bandits.
The security expert added that contact was made, and unspecified numbers of the bandits were naturalized, forcing them to flee and abandoning the kidnapped victims.
Military sources said that the victims were handed over to the district head of GWASHI to reunite the victims with their families.
See photos of the rescued victims.
Nigerian Army Confirms Delay In Payment Of Feeding Allowance For Soldiers, Gives Reason
The Nigerian Army has given reasons for the delay in the payment of food allowance to soldiers providing security for Chinese workers at the Zungeru Hydro Electricity Dam Project in Niger state.
The Army, in its explanation, also denied reports that some senior officers had diverted the three months Ration Cash Allowances (RCA) meant for the soldiers.
The Director of Army Public Relations, Brig.-Gen. Onyema Nwachukwu, in a statement on Monday, said contrary to some reports that the fund had been diverted, the delay in payment is due to a delay in receipt of funds from the concerned institution.
He added that the Nigerian Army, under the leadership of Lieutenant General Taoreed Lagbaja, has a zero-tolerance posture for any form of financial misappropriation and places priority on the welfare of troops.
The post Nigerian Army Rescues 15 Abducted Victims In Zamfara appeared first on Naija News.
President Bola Tinubu has defended the decision of his administration to end the fuel subs…